Who are we?
The State Agency for Child Protection was established on the basis of the Child Protection Act and started its activity on 01.01.2001. The Agency is the only specialized body of the Council of Ministers for guidance, coordination and control for the implementation of the state policy on activities for child protection in the Republic of Bulgaria.
What do we do?
- We develop a unified and coordinated state policy for child protection
- We develop and control the implementation of national and regional child protection programs
- We organize child rights inspections from all state, municipal and private schools, kindergartens and nurseries, service units, medical institutions, Social Assistance Directorates of the Social Assistance Agency (ASA) and non-profit legal entities working in the the area of child protection, and in case of violation of the rights, the chairperson of SACP gives obligatory prescriptions
- We develop criteria and standards for social services for children in implementing measures for: assistance, support and services in family environment; accommodation in a family of relatives or in extended family; accommodation in a foster family; accommodation in a specialized institution as last resort
- We grant a license to provide social services for children
- We develop and give methodological instructions to the Child Protection Departments in the Social Assistance Directorates of the ASA
To whom is SACP activity directed?
To all children in the Republic of Bulgaria and their families, working for the best interest of each child and forming a priority public interest in building a quality generation.
Who do we work with?
- State institutions
- Bodies of local government
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Bulgarian and foreign natural and legal persons
- International organizations
How do we work?
- By developing policy
- Through national and regional programs
- By licensing
- By conducting inspections and issuing mandatory prescriptions
- By analyzing the information